Join the experience! Make it your own!
You need a subscription to access this page.
This page can only be accessed by subscribers to the Coffee too? That's for me! and higher tiers. Subscribe now to get access.
This is your chance to join me on my journey! Become a patron of the arts! And get some great benefits too!
If you already know you want to join pick a tier to the right and subscribe! If you have trouble with subscribing go to the bottom of this page for help.
You have found me at an interesting point in my liife. I recently either walked away from or lost most of of the things that define us in America which means I can either freak out or start over. Being a maker of things I decided to start over and make a new life.
Last year I spent
- 30% of my time raising money for projects
- 50% on trying to earn my own money
- 20% on actually creating/producing anything
Ouch! As a creative I need to be able to balance my time more efficiently so that I have enough of it to reflect on, develop, and produce the work as well as administer and hustle. That’s why I created a subscription community— to create a more stable income that would allow me to spend my time doing what I am best at— creating things— rather than sitting behind a computer administering things. You can make that happen by becoming a member.
But you'll get something too! I want this to be a reciprocal relationship— it’s important to me that you get something out of this adventure too. I will share personal stories, creative work, and creative/production process with you here. There will be a lot of opportunities and ways to participate— you can be a casual observer, you can have a voice and a vote, you can even show up online or in person at events if you want to! I have also started offering consulting/coaching services to help others manifest their dreams while living happy, creative and abundant lives.
Your monthly support will help me create more art on an ongoing basis. Choose a subscription tier on the right to gain access to rewards such as:
- An exclusive blog feed that contains my journals and travelogues and much more!
- A voice and a vote on projects-in-process
- Access to exclusive/unreleased work
- 20-100% discounts(or more) on merch, courses and sessions depending on how long you've been a member
- Exclusive online private screenings/Q&A's
- Monthly online coffee dates
- Private podcasts
So what's the focus this year?
Supporting other creatives in their efforts by sharing my experience, strength and hope.
Being available for outreach opportunities at schools, film festivals or other venues where I can share about the making of STUCK.
Filling a gap in our media culture. I can't keep filling my head with dark violent stories that focus on the negative. I get bored with most of what's offered in the world of uplifting stories and their production values usually stink. I'm also sick of either playing the main guy's wife or watching female characters who are lacking complexity. So I am working on well-produced stories about women (and men) that ring true and that are life affirming but still edgy. I want to collaborate with, hire, and mentor as many other women as I can along the way.
STUCK (my first feature film):
- We will be taking the film to festivals— come and join us on the road!
- We will work on getting it distributed— get the BTS, a real reality check.
THE SECOND FEATURE FILM
- When the first feature film is done and out there, you better have the next one ready to pitch!
- Help me choose what to do next.
- Have access to early script work and watch it progress.
- Get access to readings or workshops.
- Our community will collaborate on the graphic design, one liners, and pitch too!
NEW! SUPPORT SERVICES
- Artist's Way Circles
- Self Care for Creatives Online Camp
- Private Creativity Coaching and Consulting
- Facilitated Group Creativity Coaching
I also have alot to share about my personal journey in making STUCK that I think can help other creators as well as "STUCK" folks. I would like to create a course called The STUCK Case Study: the practical side of micro-budget filmmaking meets personal growth. Or write a book that follows my journey. Or maybe both!
Practically speaking: where does your money go?
In this model— your trust in me is key as I will make decisions about how to spend the memberships’ contributions on a case by case basis. Until we reach a financial set point funds will go to paying my salary. As we grow money will go towards growing the business by purchasing equipment needed for a project, paying a creative contractor to do something I can’t do myself, paying a legal or accounting professional, festival submission fees, travel expenses to festivals…all kinds of things that run a creative business. I will be transparent and keep you updated!
It's a business too friends...let's make change for artists
In 2016 we shot my first feature film, STUCK, with a $25,000 cash budget. No one on the 120 person production team was paid and locations and most food was donated- amazing!. Last year I raised over $20,000 in grass-roots and grant funding for STUCK and my Smart Cookies web series. This time I was able to pay out over $15,000 in salaries to 10 artists and entertainment professionals-- that's progress folks:). This year I would like to continue the trend and be able to pay myself and others a moderate fee for our work— with the ultimate goal of paying people what they are worth and paying for all locations and services in the years to come.
I look forward to getting to know you all better and continuing to build up this great community!
Thank you so much for supporting my career. I truly appreciate it.
Need help with signing up?
1. Choose your subscription level and click on it.
2. A page that asks for your name, email and password should come up. Fill this out.
3. A confirmation email will be sent. Click on "Yes, subscribe me to this list."
4.The system will send you back to the subscription cart.
5.Click on "Subscribe with credit card"
6. This will take you to a Strip Checkout page. Fill out your card info and click on "Subscribe".
Now you should be able to go to the website and access the pages that are included in your tier.
You can find links to log in/out at the bottom of the pages. You will also find a link to your subscription settings at the bottom of the page.