Here are some books, websites, and other resources that I have used to create my life and career. I know what it's like to do self-care with no disposable income so many of these are free and many of the books you can get at the library!
self-care & Spirituality
- Yoga with Adrienne love her videos. So many to choose from and always form a place of kindness.
- If you want to go deep try Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy You 21 Day Total Wellness Program. I did it and although I didn't get the major miracle changes had by others who had serious health issues or were not previously taking very good care of themselves, it was totally worth the investment.
- Free downloads from Kris Carr including a quickie Pep Talk Meditation.
- Rob Bell's "The Robcast"-- his deal is that everything is spiritual. His work has helped me to change my perspective on many limiting core beliefs.
- A Simple Year: 12 Months of Guided Simplicity -- I really love this idea- it's twelve months of written articles, audio or video recordings, webinars, and connection through a private FB group. Each month it is hosted by a different guide who is an expert in their field. Check it out and sign up before Dec 31 to participate in the 2019 session!
- Patreon is a great forum that connects artists directly to their fans using a subscription service-- this means you get paid artists! If you click through here to sign up it will be mutually beneficial to both of us!
- Hatchfund is an awesome crowdfunding platform that supports established artists. I used them for our production fund on STUCK. They can act as an umbrella 501c3 for you so your donors can get tax-deductions. They are very supportive too!
- For Texas filmmakers check out Austin Film Society's grant. I haven't gotten one yet- but you could!
- Women Filmmakers-- check out the Women in Film Finishing Fund
I only recommend things that are meaningful to me. However, I am an affiliate for some products and services and may be compensated if you purchase them. The commissions help support my work and the cost of running this website.